Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday - Good Morning Girls is back!!


I am super excited that our Good Morning Girls group has started back up this week! We are going to be studying The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and also Bible verses that go along with her book. This week we have just been studying the following Bible verses.

Psalm 127: 1 - "Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain."


John 15:4-5 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."


Matthew 6:33 - "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

What I enjoyed about these verses is that they talk about why we are doing this group in the first place; to seek God and abide in Him. When we do that, the work that we are putting into our families and children is not in vain. God blesses our efforts and protects us and guides us.

Matthew 6:33 particularly spoke to me this week. Sometimes I think I personally mix up my NEEDS with my WANTS. God knows the end from the beginning and sometimes what I WANT is not what I NEED at that time. If God does not answer right away or answers no, I need to put my TRUST in HIM and not WORRY about the situation.

I encourage you to spend your time with God this week. Put Him first in your day. All the work and effort you put into your life and family will bear fruit with Him in charge of your life!

Fully Rely on God,



This post is linked to Women Living Well Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment