Thursday, May 19, 2011

Closet Cleanup!

My closet has really been bugging me for a while. I am blessed to have a separate closet from my husband, it use to not always be that way! However, since we moved to our new house a couple years ago, my new larger closet meant more room to stash things!

On Tuesday I finally decided to do something about it. You might remember the green baskets I bought from zulily.com. I decided to put them to use in my closet cleanup! Here are some before pictures so you can appreciate the transformation.

You can see why this was getting on my nerves! Most of the problem was the pile of clothes waiting to go to Good Will that you can see stashed in the corner in the first picture. Those were the first to come out and I also went through my summer items and added a few things to the bags. The next was to pull out the items on the shelves and I also have a 3 drawer plastic bin that you can't see because it is on the back wall. I ended up filling up a whole trash bag worth of things. I also cleaned out my bedside table while I was at it.

*Drum roll please* the results.....



I love my new baskets!! This one closest in the picture is currently empty waiting to go to another space. The other two on the end have belts in one and purses in the other. 


I am very pleased with the results! Next project, my husband's side of the room! *shivers in fear* j/k haha. It is quite a mess though. I think I will have to tackle that one next week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment