Friday, June 11, 2010

Mr. Schuman at Santa Eulalia: Sahakiel meets Scott.

"I believe that bloggers have a brilliant future into the fashion industry, but only if they've got something interesting to say about the world."

- Scott Schuman for Not Here to Please You-



I think that Mr Scott Schuman, also knows as The Sartorialist, doesn't need any introduction here. And, as you all may know by now, he was yesterday here, at Barcelona, in a private press conference at Santa Eulalia Boutique, one of the biggest one of the city that contains the most exclusive brands and who were releasing their new digital identity, with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and a blog account... so great!



Scott looks like quite person. He answered all the questions that people in the press and through internet made to him with a detailed explanation, serenity and nice words.
He shared with us some of his opinions about the actual bloggers around the world, saying that most of them only wants to sit downs in the front rows of the biggest fashion events; but there's a lot of work behind those people who has finally get to this. I really felt very proud of me when he said that, because I'm not here beause of the fashion events or the brands; I'm here because I love fashion (as Mr Schuman).



He also said that he loves Milan, and thinks that Barcelona is a very beautiful city, with a lovely architecture and very stylish people. He thinks that here, people has got their own style, as in Stockholm; but we dress in a more sexy way, because of the weather.




When the press conference ended, I talked to him about my career and my final report od the Coolhunting postgrade. He thought that it was quite interesting and told me what it's at the begining of the post, as a quote for my report. This words (and a few more about this, as his opinion of all the Zara-Betty-Pandora war), coming from him are a great introduction for my final repot, don't you think?



And, of course, there was lots of lovely people there yesterday, but I spent mostly all the time with my dear Cristina, from La petite Nymphéa; and the lovely Saray, fron DansVogue; it was a very big pleasure, girls!! I met Rocío, from Diary of Style too, but as she came from Madrid, she had to leave early! I hope we could meet again soon.

With Cristina.
With Saray.
And the three of us! 
Thanks to cris for this pictures, my camera died after the press!!

And for the event, as you can see, I was wearing my lovely 50s vintage dress, one of my favourite ones; with a pair of red socks and my Mustang heels; you know, always on my line!


So as you can see, it was a great evening!

And if you want to read an interview to Scott Schuman, click here (in spanish only, sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment