Saturday, May 21, 2011

To market, to market, to buy...


Strawberries! I love berries, can't wait for the rest of the berries to appear.

FRESH onions, not spring onions. Tender onions without the papery skins. I'm intrigued.

Spring means lots of salad greens, including special ones like tatsoi.
I, as an Asian, am ashamed to say I have no idea what it is.

Fresh peas! In a completely different league from frozen peas.

Beautiful pillowy heads of lettuce

Radishes blushing pink and prettily

Free range eggs. My kitchen staple.

And some other photos of beautiful food:

Artichokes. I heard they're a pain to prepare, but oh they are gorgeous.

Spider crab. Ugliest creature I've ever seen but I heard it's delicious.

The skinny new carrots of spring

Goat's cheese. Don't ask me why there's an orange one.

Saag Aloo Pie. I got some tips on how to make it (: Time to get creative with my saag aloo?

Enough said.

I love working at Pimlico farmer's market. And gosh, I love spring.

This is part of Simple Lives Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment