Monday, April 4, 2011

Recipe of the Week Blog Hop - Zesty Skillet Ravioli


It's time for my weekly recipe blog hop! The blog hop will be open from Tuesday to Friday night. Share your recipes in the link up below and be sure to include a link back to the blog hop! Thanks to everyone who linked up last week! Please get the word out so that more people will link up! You can tweet about it using the tweet button at the bottom of the post too! 

This week I am sharing a recipe that I tried this past Friday in my menu planning. It is from The Pampered Chef and since I am a Pampered Chef consultant, I am a little partial! :) They have a vegetarian cookbook called Quick Vegetarian Main Dishes. This dish was so easy to make and was very very good! Enjoy! 

Zesty Ravioli Skillet 
4 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach (I left this out since hubby does not like spinach)
6 oz. provolone cheese, grated 
1 TBS olive oil 
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded (I just used half of one, since again hubby does not like spicy foods)
3 garlic cloves, pressed 
2 cans of diced tomatoes with onions, undrained 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper 
1 pkg. small frozen cheese ravioli 
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (you can also use half and half)

Directions
1. Wash spinach and drain. Grate cheese and set aside. 
2. Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat, 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Finely chop jalapeno (I used my food chopper). Add jalapeno to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Press garlic into skillet with a garlic press. Cook and stir 15-20 seconds or until fragrant. 
3. Add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper to skillet. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Add ravioli; stir to coat. Cook, uncovered 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir cream into skillet. Cook, uncovered 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Sprinkle spinach over ravioli; cook covered 1 minute or until spinach starts to wilt. 
4. Remove skillet from heat. Top with cheese; cover skillet and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. 

I also added some fresh basil to the top since I didn't have spinach in mine. 

Photo Credit: The Pampered Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment