Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Slow Cooker

I am loving all the new fonts that blogger has added to their site! Finally, it's about time they gave us more options than just 5 of them! :)

And it's time to Recipe of the Week! Be sure to link up with your recipe below, please include a link back to Golden Reflections or just grab one of the Recipe of the Week buttons.

I want to thank Emily's Cooking Adventurers for today's recipe! It is another slow cooker recipe and I made it last week for our Friday night supper with David's parents (we take turns at each others houses on Friday nights). It was a big hit! I adapted the recipe a little bit, since it had chicken in it, and we eat vegetarian at home. I am including the original recipe and how I adapted it.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts, frozen (I used one package of Morning Star Griller Crumbles, I didn't have the "chicken" strips, but you could use those too).
1 (15 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth (I used vegetable broth)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
10 oz frozen corn
1 can black beans

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high.
Enjoy topped with sour cream and cheese along with tortilla chips.

This was so easy to make, I put everything in the crock pot before I left for work that morning and set the timer on it. When I got home, all I had to do was set the table and get the chips and sour cream out, everything else was ready! It was a great time saver for a Friday supper!

Don't forget to link up your recipes! The link up will be open until Tuesday night at 11:59pm.

Have a great week!


Enjoy what you read here at Golden Reflections? Be sure to vote once daily over at Picket Fence Blogs, just click the button below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment