Saturday, January 22, 2011

Something fishy...

Go Fish!


Definitely trying to eat more fish around here.  I don't know why 
I don't cook more fish dishes.  
We  love fish and all shellfish.  
There are so many more ways to prepare fish, it seems, than meats.  
Again, Curtis Stone of "Take Home Chef" cooked another delicious fish dish 
that really caught my attention and reminded me about this fishy resolution.  
He wrapped  filets of fish 
in  huge green leaves 
(that he actually bought at the grocery store...perhaps he said banana leaves?)  
Before that, however,  he made a delicious and fresh marinade for the filets before he wrapped each one in a leaf and tied them with string.  He then placed them in a bamboo steamer 
(which I purchased not too long ago because we are dumpling obsessed...)  
In my resolved determination to expand my fish repetoire, I picked up this cookbook from the Williams Sonoma store.  One of the recipes is a Sea Bass with a thai coconut milk/green curry sauce.  
Yum. Yum. Yum.  
We love anything Thai.  
However, the family vote today was to go to our favorite Thai restaurant.  
What did we all eat?  
That's right.  
We all had  wonderful, aromatic, and creamy Thai curries.  
Flipping along in my new fishy cookbook, I have come to another option.  
I think I will stick with this one.  
It is a shrimp dish with a fresh pesto.  I have never made a fresh pesto before.  I have been working on keeping my new basil plant 
alive 
and I 
finally 
don't have to buy those expensive little packets of herbs from the grocery store.  
In fact, I now have, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, dill, chives, and marjoram in pots indoors.  
Remember, I am not green-thumbed so this is a silent plea for "a pat on the back".  
Next, 
I would really like to have some cilantro handy.  
I know, 
I'm pushing the whole green thumb thing. 
So this shrimp dish possibility covers several resolution objectives.  
It has seafood (shellfish).  
It has pesto (on the list of "lets try it").  It has fresh pasta (which we haven't had in awhile) AND 
the photo looked really pretty because you swirl the pasta in the middle.
So cool.
Off to the seafood market tomorrow! 
If its tasty and as pretty as the picture, I'll post the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment