Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good eats and other thoughts

Today I tried a delicious meal for supper! I will be sharing the recipe this coming week. I have always wanted to try risotto. I picked up some boxed risotto to try out last week. I wanted to see how it would come out and how it is suppose to look before I try it from scratch. I also tried a new recipe from my Pampered Chef vegetarian cookbook. It is called pan-fried polenta with mushrooms and zucchini.


I am also excited that I got my new kitchen gadget organizer in the mail from The Pampered Chef. I use to have everything in a small container on the counter, but I needed more room and wanted things to be a little more organized. Since I sell Pampered Chef, it was easy to get this ordered for myself. :) 

I love it! It turns so you can reach things on the other side without having to fish through it. My counter definitely looks a lot better. 

I've been reading Clutter Rehab by Laura Wittmann, author over at Orgjunkie.com. She has written 101 tips to help us de-clutter and form good habits to keep our houses organized and neat! I am loving her book and it has energized me to organize areas that I haven't touched since we moved into our house 2 years ago. The closets in the upstairs have been holding lots of things that I thought I needed two years ago, but when I went through one of them the other night I was thinking why in the world did I save this? I have quite a few piles of things to move to the basement or get thrown away. While going through one of my boxes, I found all of my old journals, as far back as 1996. Wow, how silly I was back then!! I came to the one where I started talking to my now husband and when we started dating, ah young love! It was definitely a good laugh to read back through all the memories. And no I didn't throw those out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment