Friday, January 28, 2011

528 Bridge

This might be a boring post for some of you since you don't live here, but it's affecting my life, so I must blog. Last weekend there was a crash on the 528 bridge. (a mile from my house)

To those that are not familiar let me give you the low down. I live on and island, and there are only a couple bridges to get back to the mainland (Cocoa). 528, the one closest to my house is one of them, the others being 520 & 405.  This crash I speak of wasn't just any crash..it was between a truck and a tanker truck. The ones that carry gasoline. This is what it looked like.


It is a sad deal because two people lost their lives. It is also a royal pain in the ass for the rest of us, especially in North Merritt Island. If I want to go to the grocery store or to any other place for that matter, I have to drive a distance out of my way and there is crazy traffic EVERYWHERE. Looooong lines of traffic. Now that the fireball is out this is what is left of the bridge.




This is my life for the next month:
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment