Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Jamie Oliver


James Trevor Oliver. Born 3 years ahead of me on May 27. Today another birthday greeting to the man I call genius and with a golden heart. His enormous passion for food and to help other people with the food they eat are the things that I will always admire about Jamie. I am more than just a fan of him, I am someone who looks up to him in a different way. I support him not just because he was known as this cute guy from famous TV shows in Great Britain. I admire him more than the skin he wears, but the inner being in him. I am here on the other side of the planet just watching his life and how he lives it. From his school dinners, ministry of food to the food revolution campaign, I triumphantly rejoice in every victory he makes.

Aside from his talent and passion for cooking, he is also blessed with three lovely daughters and now his wife Jools is on her way to their fourth child. I am wishing him today on his birthday that he will finally have a little Jamie in few months time. Hopefully. There's so much about Jamie that I really like, like being the drummer to his band called Scarlet Division. That is really something. More than cooking, he can also give us his head-banging drum talent. My everyday life is totally inspired by him. A simple smile when I see him on TV, when I browse his website and when I get news from him really makes my day complete. The best thing that happened to me this year was when he gave me a personal message on my twitter and followed me at the same time. He acknowledged me as his number one fan in the Philippines. He just told me in his message that he read my blog and also told me also to keep it up the good work! He just inspires me everyday that I should never give up my dreams and believe that one day everything will turn into reality--and that includes meeting him in person :-)



Let me just share this simple dessert recipe I prepared for my Idol. This was inspired by his recipe on how to make Strawberry Jam. Instead I made apple jam that was simmered with Shiraz and matched with French Vanilla Ice Cream.

APPLE SHIRAZ JAM

Ingredients:

• Apples (cut into cubes)
• Shiraz Red Wine
• Brown Sugar
• Vanilla
• Cinnamon
• French Vanilla Ice Cream
• Water
• Butter (of course)

Procedure:

Heat pan with butter, then add the sugar. Allow it to caramelized then add the Shiraz. Once it dissolves, add vanilla, cinnamon and water. Next thing to do is to add the diced apples. Cover pan. Allow it to boil and let the apples simmer until it softens. When the apples are soft for sure the liquid will thicken. When everything is ok, ready a small plate put some scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream then plate it with this very nice apple shiraz jam recipe. For me, I had my cube French Vanilla Ice Cream given to me by my Russian friend Mischuin Zolot.

Jamie, enjoy this one head-banging birthday dessert for you!!!

Happy BIRTHDAY Jamie :-)

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment