Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunshine, Lollipop & Rainbow!


Happy Palm Sunday to all the Christians around the globe!

What a lovely day to begin with a good lunch preparation. I've been stuck at my house for a week now since I came out from the 4-day stay in the hospital. I had my surgery which I will elaborate on my future post. The good thing is, I am fine now and trying to recover as fast as I can. But I just have to deal with it slowly. So after eleven days of resting and moving little by little everyday, I just figured out that I can move in the kitchen. My maid is here so she can help me do the chores and in preparing this one heck of a dish!

I have this weird friend named Francis, a college folk who tremendously appreciates my cooking after tasting several dishes I prepared during my birthday last year. He's spreading the word that I have this good understanding on how to use spices. He just loved my Lemon Herb Chicken. I guess his true. I can define my cooking based on spices that makes each dish so bold. I continue to understand herbs and spices to continuously concoct exciting recipes. And this combination I have for lunch is another keeper on the menu!



RAINBOW CAPSICUM FRIED RICE

Ingredients:

• Red/Green/Yellow/Orange Capsicum
• Paprika & Cayenne Pepper
• Ground Black Pepper & Salt
• Ground Cumin / Garlic
• Butter / Lime
• Chopped Wansoy leaves
• Jasmine Rice

Procedure:

Heat wok with butter and saute minced garlic. Add the chopped rainbow capsicum and chopped wansoy leaves then squeeze one whole lime. Add all the spices and stir fried with a nicely cooked Jasmine Rice. Put in a plate then set aside as you wait for the drunken pork.


DRUNKEN NEGRA PORK

Ingredients:

• Pork ( loin part)
• Black Beer
• Pepper
• Vanilla Ice Cream
• Salt/Black & Cayenne Pepper
• Ground Sage
• Butter

Procedure:

Get a bowl put the cube pork loins and add all the rest of the ingredients except butter. Mashed it all together and put it in a fridge for overnight. Marination for this dish requires more than 12 hours to see the effect of black beer & vanilla ice cream. Black beer will create this bitter but aromatic taste and on the other hand the vanilla ice cream will tenderize the pork more and will leave a creamy and sweet taste on the dish. So on the next day, ready your griller and wipe it with generous amount of butter. Place each cube pork and let it cook and sizzle. Do it in high heat and cook it quickly. Then add the excess sauce of the marinate pork on the dish. Top this on rice dish that we did previously. Awesome isn't it?

Are you guys looking forward for an Easter Lunch meal?

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment