Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Best Chips in the World: Food Tip of the Day - Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010

Possibly the Best Chips in the WorldThe chips pictured to the right have been cooked in a very special way. They have not been cooked once, nor twice, but thrice, in an attempt to have them classed as something approaching the best chips in the world. They are incredibly crispy on the outside, equally fluffy and light on the inside and served merely with a generous sprinkling of salt are delicious in the extreme.

These chips were prepared following my discovery of an article online by Heston Blumenthal - a prominent English chef - and the way in which he combines the two different methods I knew of preparing chips to even greater effect. The link below is to the site which tracks my very first attempt at making chips in this way and shows precisely how I got on.

I very much hope that you will be convinced enough to at least give this chip making method a go. I promise you, it works!

The Best Chips in the World?

No comments:

Post a Comment