Spring onions ... 1 bunch ( select big ones)
Apple or Orange ... to use for base
Satay sticks ........ small ones
1. Cut out the leaves of the spring onions, leaving a 2-3 inch stem intact.
2. With a sharp knife give cuts in criss-cross manner on the bulb as shown in the picture.
3. Leave the onion bulbs in ice cold water in the refrigerator at least for 1 hour. This will make the bulbs open up like a flower. ( you can add ice cubes for better results.)
4. Cut a thin slice off the apple and wrap it with a foil paper.
5. Fix the flowers on the apple to make a small bouquet. This can be placed in the center of the salad plate. Looks decorative in a party.
6. Single flowers can also be used as a garnish with the snacks.
This goes to :
Create N Carve -Fruit & Veg Event