Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Recipe of the Week Blog Hop - Breakfast Smoothie

I have been wanting to try "green smoothies" since I started hearing about them. My friend Sarah over at Sarah's Heart's Home posted one of her blog and so I decided it was time to try it! If you want to see her recipe, you can visit her blog here.

So here is my rendition of a "green" breakfast smoothie.

Breakfast Smoothie
1 banana
3/4 to 1 cup of mixed berries (I used thawed strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and black berries).
1 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of apple juice 

Add banana and berries into a blender and begin to blend. Add spinach while blending and then add apple juice. Blend until smooth.



It didn't really turn out green since it had the berries in it, but it still has the same nutrition! I can't taste the spinach at all. Tastes very delish and healthy for breakfast! I ever got my husband to try it! He doesn't know what is in it yet though, haha! :)

Now it's your turn to share those yummy recipes you have! Link up below! Be sure to grab the button or link back to this blog hop! The blog hop closes Friday at 11:59pm.

Need recipe ideas? Check out my recipe section on this blog to see all previous recipes that I have shared.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment