Thursday, April 21, 2011

And then I bake.....

BANANA-OAT MUFFIN

Today  I decided to bake. The first food I've baked was a muffin with frozen blueberries. For it, I owe Kuya Vic a lot for preparing the recipe and the ingredients one Saturday night in his house. This was during my training in Atlanta, Georgia. From then on, I have said to myself that someday... I'm gonna bake and bake till I get it right and make excellent baked goodies. It's a continuous process for me though.

And just today, I think about a year after, back in the Philippines I baked this afternoon. Muffins. I guess it's a cool way to start with something not so complicated. So, I got my ingredients and utensils ready and with Ariel's  help, my ever loyal partner and best friend  in cooking, we were able to achieve the goal. I think it's true that two determined novices can be a success.  Right, now I'm still learning how to make my li'l wonder-electric-oven to work best in baking. Okay, I miss something as part of the preparation, I admit. I still haven't got a thermometer. Not a wise choice to guess oven's temperature by just selecting the temperature selector. But that's what we did.

MACAROON CRUNCH

Anyway, things still turned out well. We have just have the healthy Banana-Oat Muffin and the milky Macaroon Crunch. The taste is just delightful. This is just the beginning, things are constantly evolving and surely the best is yet to come and stay.... Best is best, shouldn't change.... Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment