Thursday, March 10, 2011

Williams Sonoma Class!



I had a super time last weekend at one of Williams Sonoma's Cooking classes.  I didn't know they had these classes on the weekends.  Here in the U.S., Williams Sonoma is a favorite destination for anything cooking related.  This particular weekend class was all about my favorite thing to cook - Soups!


What else was nice about the class were the other people who attended.  I could tell they really enjoy cooking good food.  It was wonderful to be surrounded by people who got excited by things like an electric pepper dispenser.  We oooh'd and aaah'd over every sample.  Stories were swapped about this soup and that soup.  What wonderful company!

The class didn't push the store products at all.  I was afraid it was going to be one long sales pitch and I would feel kneedled into buying items from the store.  I can't say that I didn't begin coveting some of the products on the shelves.  The adorable woman, Jill, who did the cooking was relaxed and fun.  

I cannot wait for the next one.  Saturday, I'll have to scoot my daughter off to the SAT testing location.  Instead of being misty-eyed, I suspect, with nary a glance backwards,  I just might high-tail it out of the parking lot for fear of missing the cooking class.  

Oooh, this "more me time" approach I am adopting could  become successful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment