Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recipe of the Week Blog Hop - Avocado Salad with Lime Dressing



It's time to share your favorite recipes again! Please check out my Recipe of the Week page to grab buttons to use in your post. I have a few different options there. Just right click on the picture to save it to your computer and then add it to your post! Then link your post in the blog hop below. All posts in the blog hop must include a recipe, this is not a regular blog hop. The linky will be open until Tuesday night at 11:59pm.

My recipe that I am sharing this week is a new recipe that I tried at David's parents house last weekend. Hi sister Aimee made it to go along with the white bean chili that I shared last week. I liked it so much that I made it for lunch for myself this week.

Avocado Salad with Lime Dressing
Cookbook: Vegetarian - A collection of over 100 essential Recipes 

2 1/4 oz. mixed red and green lettuce
2 1/4 oz. wild arugula (I couldn't find this so I left it out when I made it)
4 scallions, finely diced (I forgot to buy these at the store so I used a small onion)
5 tomatoes
1/4 c. toasted walnuts, chopped (I don't like walnuts so I left these out)
2 avocados
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Lime Dressing 

1 tbsp. lime juice (I used fresh)
1 tsp. French dressing
1 tbsp. sour cream
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (flat leaf) or cilantro
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
pinch of sugar
salt and pepper to taste


Cut up all the ingredients from the salad. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocados after you put them on the salad to keep them from turning brown.

Put all the dressing ingredients into a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth.


Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment