Sunday, March 13, 2011

Success!


Yep, I did it.  Took that Lemon-Poppyseed Cake and turned it into a fabulous three-tiered creation for my friend's birthday.  As I've said here before, sometimes I manage to surprise myself.

Here's the result:

Cake layers baked.
A good start.

Layered, tiered and frosted.
Lots of drinking straws buried underneath for support!

The birthday girl and her husband.
Think she's happy - hope so!

I'll admit - it tasted pretty good.
Not dry at all!

There is a wedding cake to bake in my future, so this was good practice.  In the meantime, however, I will get back to the business of posting recipes that "normal" people would make.  Well, maybe.

Unfortunately, I did not get to photograph the cake from it's front.  You are looking at the rear and the side (always how we want to be photographed, huh?).  Use your imagination....

No comments:

Post a Comment