Monday, March 28, 2011

Kidney Beans & Mashed Potato Curry ala FIFTEEN London



My recent trip to Bangkok, Thailand is quite tiring. Given the fact that I came there for work for a specific project doesn't mean I should be entitled not to do other projects in the office (it's supposed to be that way) but I was working morning 'til morning. Like sometimes 8am to 2am or less. I wouldn't complain because the beauty of my job is that, no matter how tiring it is... I can still manage to inject some fun! So having said that, I did explore a bit of Bangkok with the little free time I got and with the help of my best buddy or my closest friend for 15 years and he's my secret-keeper dude---Warren Santiago.

Food and shopping were great in Bangkok although I really don't have enough time to do shopping and city sightseeing. Next week I will come back, but again for work. I hope I'd have more free time and hopefully I can visit Ayuttaya the old capital of Thailand.

Today I am very sick that I didn't go to work and just eat some leftover that I cooked from last week. This was inspired by the special dish that the chef from Fifteen London prepared for me during my visit. I just guessed the ingredients and how he prepared it because I cannot forget the taste so I came up with my version.

KIDNEY BEANS & MASHED POTATO CURRY

Ingredients:

• Kidney Beans
• Potatoes
• Cream
• Coconut Milk
• Curry Powder
• Salt & Pepper
• Prawns
• Paprika
• Onion Leeks
• Chicken stock
• Butter (of course)

Procedure

Boil potatoes until soft and ready for mashing. Mash accordingly with cream and coconut milk. Add butter, curry powder, salt and pepper then fold until smooth and without any lumps. Ready your pan with butter then saute onion leeks followed by prawns. Seasoned it with paprika then saute again until cooked. Add kidney beans and 1/4 cup of chicken stock. Simmer for 2 minutes then add the mashed potato mixture and chicken stock. Add again a pinch of salt and pepper then serve hot. Good for sick person with fever who cannot take heavy food.

Get well to all sickie people like me today...

big hug,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment