Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Green Pan


Although I have never been someone who goes for brands, especially in kitchen utensil, I was deeply impressed by the results of this particular item that I bought into it!

I am talking about my trusty Stockholm 28cm Green Pan. Lovely piece of equipment this. It's mighty heavy, but that also aids it in its primary function: pan frying!

You might think I am writing a review on this pan to get some money in. Don't get me wrong, I could use the money, but having the right equipment is crucial for cooking! Previously I was using an unbranded non-stick pan. It did its job fine, but I could never get good results on fish. The skins would fall off all the time. With a modern kitchen and built in hobs, there is no way to achieve the high temperatures used in traditional Chinese cooking to fry fish.

But guess what... I can achieve the same results as my Grandma (RIP) in the traditional black Wok, charcoal fireplace with an industrial grade fan blowing into it. All thanks to this remarkable piece of equipment. The fish's skin remains on the fish, and the flavouring permeates into the flesh. The moisture in the fish is maintained, despite the slight charring on the skin. Wonderful! I got so excited over the results that I forgot my camera and tucked in immediately! I shan't forget the next time I post my fish recipes here! Promise!

Even cooking steak and burgers turned out wonderfully well. I could now do the American version of juicy steak! My burger patties turned out well done yet juicy on the inside! I highly recommend this item on anyone's kitchen! Can't wait to change into the Stockholm 30cm Green Pan Wok! Shame that my current wok works too well. No excuses to get a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment