Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Burger and Fries Time!

Here's one of my lazy days. I decided to cook some of my patties and make some home made fries. These fries were made minus the Deep Fat Frier mind you. I just used olive oil in my Green Pan. Honestly for fries, any pan would do, but not true for the patties! And aren't they lovely!

For good fries, use Russet Potatoes. These can be found at Tesco. Typically, Tesco labels these potatoes as US Potatoes. For fries similar to McD's, the fries must be boiled first, then deep fried. I am trying to cut my calories a bit, so I went for pan fried with just enough olive oil to cook the fries. 

When cooking the fries, keep turning the fries until all the sides are browned. The fries would be soft and break a bit.In home cooking, good looks are secondary! Nutrition and time are primary! Get the fries out of the pan, season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper and voila! These are not crispy fries but soft fries, but equally good, minus the extra grease too.

Preparation time for fries = 5 minutes (or 10 if you are slower)
Cooking time for fries = 20 - 30 minutes
Cooking time for patties = 10 - 15 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment