Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year! *and resolutions*

Photo Credit: Beautiful Wallpapers

It is hard to believe that it is a new year already! This past year has been a good one for me. Some of the highlights were: 

* Growing my blog (Thanks for all your support!) 
* Going to full time at my new job in the schools! 
* A wonderful vacation to Colorado this summer with the hubby
* Starting an Adventurer club at our church
* Working with the social committee at church (which included hosting 2 baby showers, 2 going away parties, a fall camp-out, a Holiday dinner, and helping the Personal Ministries group with a health fair).
* Starting my Pampered Chef business (which has been a lot of fun and a lot of re-organizing my kitchen to fit all the awesome products). 
*And most importantly, our 4 year wedding anniversary! Love you dearest! :) 

There have been some challenges too. My husband decided to go back to school and then switched between 3 schools before he decided to do an online program. I am a planner and so the uncertainty of the future was hard for me! Another struggle for me this year has been dealing with the baby bug. :) Yes, it has hit me pretty hard! All my friends around me having babies made it a lot harder as well. However, after long discussions and praying and lots of tears, 2011 is going to hopefully be an exciting year for us! :)

So for this coming year there are two main things that I am hoping to work on. 

* Reading more (see my book list on the left side of my blog; this also includes better devotion time) 
*Getting healthier (I have already gone mostly vegetarian again at home, hoping to lose 15lbs. this year. I have gained around 13lbs since we got married 4 years ago. Being only 5 foot 3, that tends to show a little too much on me. :( And since we want to start a family hopefully this year, I want to lose that prior to gaining more!)

I hope that this new year will be even better than the last to you! God bless you in the year to come! 

Friday Blog Hops 

Photobucket


For a full list of other Friday blog hops, please visit bassgiraffe's Thoughts.

Enjoy what you read here at Golden Reflections? Please vote for me daily at Picket Fence Blogs, just click the button below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment