Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Working with Wood

Here's another craft project I did last weekend before the picture frames. I needed something to put above my large Ikea bookshelf, and got this idea. I found some old wood in the garage and had Nathan saw it in half for me. I painted the first coat a lighter green, the second coat a darker green and a brown border all the way around. To get the distressed look I took some sandpaper to it to reveal some light under the dark green. I picked a font I liked in Illustrator and printed it on contact paper. Cut it out with an exacto and placed it on the board as I liked. It came out really nice and it was a fun project. I have three more pieces of wood left so I might make one for a friend as a random gift or something. 
You likey? Me likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment