Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Home

So lately I've been thinking about our home and where it is on the map. To be honest I never in a million years thought I'd end up living in Florida of all the places in the world. Nor did Nathan for that matter. Sometimes we throw around the idea of moving somewhere else, but not in a real serious sort of conversation. I love Florida don't get me wrong...I was born to live near water...I love the beaches and I love the laid back kind of lifestyle everyone leads here. I just don't know if this is the place I was meant to settle down in. I miss the seasons. The winter's here are simply amazing...but the summer's here are horrendous. I miss the fall season, and I miss the snow season. I just don't want to live somewhere where there's snow on the ground for 6 months like Michigan. (where I'm from)haha

The only issue in finding our place is that because Nathan works for NASA, he'd have to re-locate to one of their other centers. California would be ideal, but it is REALLY expensive to live there. Then there's Texas, I wouldn't mind checking out Houston, I'm definitely not opposed. Last option we would consider is Washington D.C. Who really knows where we'll end up. I don't think we will be in Florida forever though. Just the thought of leaving our beautiful house, friends, familiar favorite spots makes me a little sad. It really sucks starting all over. I really don't see myself raising a family here, and because we are going to start trying for a family very soon, I'm wondering what our future holds in this sunny state.


No comments:

Post a Comment