Monday, November 8, 2010

Not always sunny

I'm having a not-so-wonderful day. This is a rare case, because the majority of my days are sunny, creative and exciting. Working in the creative industry is and has been a dream of mine ever since I used to carry that plastic bin of markers with me at age 8. Sometimes I can't meet the demands of being creative every single day and it really gets to me. I'm a positive person, great at solving problems and usually get there in the end after a lot of thought, but not today. 

I got a new design contract today that I'm super happy about, but unsure of my talent as well. What if I'm not good enough, what if they see what I come up with and turn me down. That would be heart-breaking. It's never happened before and I'm usually so confident in my work that it is easy and effortless. But not today. I struggled when I was trying to put ideas together, and after some lousy sketches I gave up, closed my laptop and walked away. This is also a rare occasion. I then moped around the house psychologically putting myself down when I know I should move on and then come back to it later. Instead I roamed around the house in circles. My dog just sat there and watched me be completely pathetic.

I know tomorrow will be a new day, full of ideas. Today is just completely sucky. I'm going to put my pajamas back on, make a fruit smoothie and read a book. Tomorrow will be better right. Right?

 Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment