Tuesday, November 23, 2010


The highlight of this fall was having the opportunity to go to northern Maine with a close friend, and spend a week hunting moose and grouse. On opening morning, I shot this trophy bull. We were lucky enough to see 8 moose during the first legal hour of the season, and I chose the largest male. It was a truly iconic "Maine" experience and an epic hunt that I'll never forget. On the hoof, this moose weighed about a thousand pounds and had an antler spread of over 50 inches. We now have over 400 pounds of meat in the freezer, which is a really good feeling. For a long time now, I've been a proponent of boycotting the beef industry. The success of this hunt allows me to continue doing so, while eating good quality free-range, organic red meat. We will continue to show this animal a lot of reverence for quite some time. Thank you Mr. Moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment