Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drunken Sweet & Sour Fish with Peaches



Anyone can argue with either pork or fish for this recipe I did after watching one episode of Master Chef America. The Mandarin orange challenge for the contestants is to make it as the hero ingredient of the dish. The Chinese guy outshone everyone with his Mandarin Chicken. The next day I decided to check out my fridge and do something oriental because I was extremely craving for Sweet & Sour. I am not a fish person but since I have one pack of Dory with me, I started to challenge myself by doing something fishy.

So I checked out the rest of my ingredients but I find it interesting to put some chardonnay and peaches on this dish as substitute for pineapples. Surprisingly I was very happy with the result of this dish. It's not your typical sweet & sour recipe but it's oriental when your tongue starts to savor the food.

DRUNKEN SWEET & SOUR FISH WITH PEACHES

Ingredients:

• Dory Fish (cut into cubes)
• Japanese Breading (usually used for tempura)
• Egg yolks
• Cane Vinegar
• Fresh Peaches (Diced)
• Chardonnay
• Onions
• Onion Leaves
• Green Capsicum
• Vegetable Oil
• Salt & Pepper
• Brown Sugar

Procedure:

Beat egg yolks then place in a small bowl. Prepare the tempura breading in another bowl. Get the Dory fish and rub it with some salt. Soak one by one in the bowl with egg yolks then roll it on the breading. Heat pan in medium temperature then fry the cube Dory fish. Set aside after frying everything.

Heat pan with vegetable oil then fry the peaches. Wait until it caramelized a little then add quickly the capsicum and onions. Stir fry as quick as you can then add vinegar and chardonnay. Add a little brown sugar and salt to the mixture then put the pan in low heat. The sauce will thicken afterwards then you can add in the onion leaves and close the flame. Pour it on top of the fried fish then serve hot. Could either go with a plain rice or very nice Chinese fried rice.

Satisfy your oriental cravings :-)

big hug,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment