Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another new obsession

Been busy around the Gelino household lately, thus I haven't posted in a while. I'm still obsessed with fruit smoothies, I eat one everyday for lunch, and it gives me tremendous energy! Not only that, but it satisfies my sweet tooth. :)

Last month when I went home to Michigan and visited with my Mother & we had a serious scrapbooking session. I had never gotten into it before, and had so much fun doing it, that I swore I was going to clean out Michaels when I returned to sunny Florida. My first couple pages were pretty good, it came easy considering I'm pretty creative when it comes to design and layout. I'm definitely improving as I go. I got a small collection of supplies here at home now, and I've been going at it like mad! Not to mention that my girls Courtney & Laura both like to do it, so it makes it all that much better to do it with friends. ( Add a Margarita or two and its a party!)

Here are snapshots of what I've completed so far: (Click to Zoom)





 








Whew! A lot of pictures I know...I've been busy, haha. One thing I forgot to mention is the reasoning behind all this madness. For years now I've been taking pictures, and engaging in the routine of downloading them into my iphoto album, however it occurred to me not long ago that these hundreds of wonderful photos that post such great memories in time, are not even being enjoyed. They are simply a file in my computer's library. I think this is such a great fun way to capture those beloved memories, and to share with others. I believe someday I will look back and be so grateful that I have documented my life in such a way that not only is appealing, but tells a story on each page. I suggest you give it a try.

With that being said, I have another project to post. I always have multiple projects going on at a time, and this is why my art room is always so messy. haha. Or at least that's my excuse. My friend Harmony wanted me to do a painting as a gift for her mother. This one came out beautiful, and if she didn't want it, I'd keep it in a heartbeat. It's a whopping size at 4 ft. x 4ft.  A good size for these humongous walls we have here in FL.


I will leave you with that. I have more projects in the works that I have to get done...I'll be posting them soon! Thanks for stopping by all my lovely blog friends!

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment