Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe of the Week


It's time to share my recipe of the week! If you want to participate on your blog, be sure to link up below! Also be sure to grab my "Recipe of the Week" banner and link it back to my site!

I know I said that I planned on doing this on Sunday's, however we had some good friends visiting this weekend and spent yesterday at the zoo! However, I still wanted to make sure and share a yummy recipe! So here is this weeks. We actually had this on Sabbath (Saturday) morning before church. It is quick and simple to make!


Creamy Museli 


Dextrinize (toast) on baking sheet 2-1/2 cups rolled or quick oats for 10 minutes at 300.
Meanwhile, whiz together:  3 cups pineapple, orange or apple juice
                                        1/2 tsp salt
                                         2 bananas
                                         1 tsp vanilla
                                         1/4 tsp maple flavoring
Combine dextrinized oats, fruit juice mixture and 1/2 cup raisins. Refrigerate overnight in covered container. When ready to serve, add 2-3 fruits of your choice (diced apples, cut seedless grapes, or any other fresh fruit). Wait until serving time to cut fruits, as most of them will lose their Vitamin C quickly after being cut. Can sprinkle withnuts. You can also wait to add the raisins when you serve if you prefer. 
My mom use to make this a lot when I was little, especially on Sabbath  morning before church. This past weekend I used strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries, all fresh from the store and left the raisins out. 
Enjoy! 

~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment