Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Little Coasters

Last year around Christmas time we did secret Santa at work. I received this bundle of coasters, and was happy I got what I wanted, but was appalled at the design on the front. Anyway, I was looking through my army trunk and found them yesterday. I decided to put them to use, but beforehand I had to give them a makeover. Didn't they turnout cute! I picked out some of my favorite scrapbook paper that I had laying around. I sanded the graphic-side first so the paper would adhere better to the tile. I used mod podge to glue it on, and several coats of polycrylic for water protection and shine! Voila, some bad-ass coasters. Before and After. :)





This next one isn't new, I've just never posted it. Last fall when I was trying to organize and plan our wedding I ordered a bunch of real pussy willows from up north. When I got them and opened the box, I was very disappointed that they were like 3 inches long, when I thought they were going to be at least a foot long. They sat in a closet for a long time until I decided I had to do something with them. I found two great little tins from Joann's for like a buck. Had some leftover floral foam from the wedding and found some Spanish moss from the tree down the street. Now I have two great pieces for our bathroom windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment