Thursday, July 15, 2010

Creative Space

I have been working on my new Office/Craft/Art room for a while now. I wish I had a before picture to go along with the after but I don't. It was so ugly before. The walls were a darker blue color, very horrible. It was used as a second guest room...basically a room we never used unless we had company. (We have two guest rooms). I recently started working from home, & needed a "creative" environment to work in, alas the remodel came about. I painted the walls a light yellow, sanded some old bookshelves, and painted them white. The room is so bright and happy now! Since then it has been a continuous diy project. I found an old mirror taken from the trash at our old apt building & created a new frame for it out of fabric. Who knew it could look this good! I also needed an inspiration wall and had these old wire shelf things that I turned into my new "magnetic" inspiration board. Being a designer, I am in love with typography. I got these great letters from Joann's and spiced them up with scrapbook paper and modge podge. There's more to do, but it takes time and money...I'll post new pics as I progress. If you see something that I need or should do in my room, I'm open to suggestions! (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment