Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day 2010

How's it going down under? Another year passed by and I just want to send this greeting...

Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies around the globe :-)

How time flies and today I am reminded that it's my third year of celebrating this special day. It also serves as a reminder that I shouldn't give up my Australian dream. I wrote last year a lot of things about how I fell in love with this country. It's more than two years ago since I last visited Oz. How I terribly miss being there. I still remember how teary eyed I felt when the plane landed on Brisbane. So much joy when I saw the Sydney landscape while I was still in the plane. Indescribable feeling and unfathomable happiness.

Even though I am 8 hours away from Oz I still do join them in celebrating their big day! And my only way to do that is to do some cooking the Ozzie way. Last year I grilled pork which I marinated with black beer & honey. This year is the repeat of the same porky recipe but this time I marinated it with Coopers stout beer and spices. Aside from that my Fusilli Pesto with Sun dried tomatoes is ready. After office I will quickly run to the French bakeshop called Tours Les Jours to buy a small cake.


Somewhere in Geelong, Victoria - Australia

Somewhere in Portland, Victoria - Australia

Featherdale National Park, Sydney - Australia

London Bridge at The Great Ocean Road, Victoria -Australia

The Roof of Sydney Opera House - Australia

Missing Oz makes me feel pressured about my dream. Oftentimes I wonder if that will turn into a reality. Would I still get a Permanent Residence Visa? I am still praying for that. Sometimes I feel sad because the day something in my life crashed, I thought along with that is my Australian dream. That is what I thought so. But I told myself that as long as I breathe I will continue to dream for myself. As you see in my photos--like the cows they seem to have no direction and they seem to walk infinitely but surprisingly their purpose is to provide us milk everyday. Same as the unique plant I saw in Oz, I was bewildered that it exist and I do believe it has a unique purpose. Also with the little kangaroo that I never thought I will get that close to be able to feed and cuddle it. Maybe fate brought me there. Like the moment I touched the roof of the Sydney Opera House, it was an amazing feeling touching it. To think its not nice when you see it in a closer distance. And lastly the rock formation at The Great Ocean Road which Aussie called "The London Bridge." Its myth is about 2 people who fell in love. I do believe that the order of events in my life has a meaning. Each of us serves a great purpose and along with that lies a great dream.

Getting ready for Aussie Day dinner Saigon style!

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment