Monday, August 3, 2009

A strange inspiration: Carnivale.


Yesterday I found my old vintage cage, full of great and old things; and I've been all the weekend seeing the TV Show "Carnivale", and I must say that I've enjoyed it very much.

The fact is that the serie show us a kind of vintage style that maybe it's less glamourous than what we're used too, but that I think it's quite interesting. You see, in the 30's, we used to imagine the vintage women that we're used to swee in cinema and old fashion magazines; but Carnivale shows us what I've called the "daily vintage" or something like that... if you look at the pictures, you'll know what I'm talking about.


I think that this is what I've most enjoyed about the serie, the way they recreate the 30's style of the old USA's villages; it's so cool and realistic.

And searching more inspiration, I has a look to my beloved Vivian Leigh; I love this woman, she was so elegant...


And I found some other cool images for a total vintage inspiration look based on the 30's and 40's!


PD: Yes, I'm at work but as you can see, it's summer and I don't have much to do... so I'm very boring and I pass my time like this XD

I hope I could find a vintage shop at Budapest :D... I'm so sad that I couldn't buy anything at Lisbon, the shop I founded was real great :( but we were out of time... sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment