Monday, May 18, 2009

Un-planned 3-day weekend

So I think I have strep throat. :-( Not fun at all. I woke up Friday with a scratchy throat, thought it was allergies or a slight cold. Well it hasn't gone away and my left tonsil is all swollen and I saw white patchy stuff on it too. So I am going to urgent care as soon as it opens to get a culture and antibiotics.

I don't know why, but I always feel horrible for calling off work. It's not like I do it all the time; this is the first time I had called off at my new place and I have been there since October. Plus all my other co-workers call off way more than that. I guess it's just the way I was raised to work. It's funny but most people my age don't have that kind of work ethic; they don't really care if they call off and will do it all the time. I guess my boss should be thankful I am not like that. I had nightmares all night about having to call her too! Thankfully she didn't answer so I just left a message. She just sent me a text saying she got my message though and to get better soon. So I feel a little bit better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment