We had a struggle of a day so we could do a good job at work...it's been that way all week.
We must have done a good job this week because we get to stay in our post another week (we made the new schedule for our "department"), even though last Friday the "boss" said he'd give us one more week to prove we can work where we are, at an adequate speed, and not get relocated to another department. We like where we are, the regular hours, the work (even though it hurts us physically), the creative freedom.
This meant a lot of headaches all week, and a lot today, as we had a couple of things to complete and we had to struggle to keep the ones who are good at cooking around. In the end we succeeded...Boss #2 called us the "chowder queen" as we made an extremely tasty Manhattan chowder, and have made great chowders four Fridays in a row.
When in culinary school (we're going to write more about that soon, in addition to what we've already written about culinary school), as well as in other jobs, a word that came up a lot was our lack of consistency in being good at what we do. We're not all good at the same stuff, and it shows, and to the outside world it just looks like inconsistency, or like we are "air-brained"...you know the other words that apply. We're "eccentric"...at least that's what it looks like from the outside...it we try really hard we can maintain a damn good job for periods of time (but with more headaches)...but if we are stressed...not so much...and that shows.
That's all our blog post is tonight...we've been having a lot of headaches at work this week, we're a little stressed out being in limbo...and about maybe having to move...and it's Friday. We haven't slept well this week...hopefully tomorrow will be the day we can get some real sleep.
It's a Friday review....here are some of the stuff we've written that we recommend...don't know us? You should probably read...or not. We really don't care...seriously. we don't want to tell you what to fucking do.
- The Other Girl: Her Final Journal
- Sam Gets Angry About Ignorance (Written by Sam)
- A Little Bit Of Emmie (Written by Emmie)
- Sam Gets Set-Off (Written by Sam)
- We Answer Some Follower Questions
- Cassandra Writes About 'Someone Special' (Written by Cassandra)
- One of Us Has Sociopathic Tendencies (Written by Melody)
- Emmie Writes About Sex & Erotica (Written by Emmie)
The Other Girl - Stuff She Wrote:
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal: Canada to Berlin
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part II: Berlin, Germany
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part III: Munich, Germany
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part IV: Germany -The Final Days
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part V: Germany In Photography
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part VI: Amsterdam In Photography
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part VII: Cairo, Egypt
- The Other Girl: A Travel Journal Part VIII: Alexandria, Egypt
- Situation Stand Still
- 50,000 Tweets and All We Got Was...
- A 'State of the Union' Re: The Visit of Our Twittercrush James
- James and the Giant Peach Pit...Of DespairFriendships:
- A Frank Evening With Fabulous People and The Pup
- We Get An E-Mail Intervention
- We Get An E-Mail INtervention: Followup: The Followup
- Our New Guest Blogger (Kerry Stott @kerrystott)
- Our Guest Blogger Writes About Depression (Kerry Stott @kerrystott)
- Our Guest Blogger Writes About Suicide (Kerry Stott @kerrystott)
- 'I Meet Cassandra And It Doesn't Go Well'
- 'A Rough Night, Not The Good Kind'
- 'Who's Here Today'
- 'I Talk to Cassandra'
- 'Nine of Nine'
- 'Meet Catherine, Not Bethany'
- 'Today Was A Good Day'
Imported From Our Boyfriends Blog: