Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting, Hoping, Praying

WOW...it has been a long time since I posted. It's been very busy around here! With the end of school paper work, meetings, conferences, cleaning up my classroom, redoing bulletin boards...I have honestly only wanted to relax whenever I am at home. Luckily it is summer now, so I'll have plenty of time to keep you up to date.

As you know Jeremy and I have had a lot of trouble trying to have a baby. This has been an ongoing battle for the last few years.  Back in December, a fertility doctor told us our best chances to conceive were by doing invitrofertilization (IVF). Whenever he told us we already had a pretty idea that this is the road we would have to venture down. When the decision was finally made I knew that I wanted to wait until summer. Jeremy was on board with the decision, so we waited....

That brings us up to the present. May 24th we meet with our IVF nurse to go over many things. One of the most important topics was shot training. On May 29th I started a series of injections to stimulate my ovaries. I started off with two injections, one in the morning and one at night. Once my ovaries were stimulated, they but me on another injection to suppress my ovaries. Luckily, I responded VERY well to the injections. After a series of blood work and sonograms, Dr. G told me on Monday (6/6) that my egg retrieval would be today (6/8). This morning we woke up at 5:45 to get ready. We had to be at the Dr. G's office by 6:45 to get prepped and ready to go. At 7:45 I walked into the operating room and then woke up to great news. Dr. G was able to retrieve 20 eggs....yes you read that right 20!!!

After the retrieval the embryologist fertilized my eggs with Jeremy's sperm. He will call us tomorrow and report how many eggs fertilized. Now we have to wait! Dr. G said that we will have our embryo transfer on Saturday or Monday, just depends on how well our embryos progress. Ideally, he would like for it to be on Monday because he prefers to do a 5 day transfer.

Today I'm at home resting and taking it easy. So glad Jeremy has been able to work from home today. Please pray that we have good embryos that grow strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment