Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's fury over ‘needle’ in lump of lard

A mother from Sheffield says she is ‘disgusted’ after finding a piece of metal – which she thinks could be a sewing needle – in a pack of lard. Katie Greaves, 26, of Longley, who bought the lard from a local Tesco Metro store said she noticed something unusual when she was unable to cut through it while making breakfast for her six-year-old son.

“I think it’s a safety issue,” she said. “Whatever it is, it should not be in a block of lard.” Katie said she sliced into the 27p pack of Tesco Value lard while making sausage and bacon sandwiches at breakfast time for her son, Kian.



“I tried to cut a bit off and thought, this is unusual, I can’t cut through it. I cut round where I couldn’t get through and saw there was a bit of metal sticking out. I don’t know how it could have got in there, whether it’s a bit of machinery or what.”

Katie said she rang Tesco’s customer services line and was told she could take the lard back to the shop for a refund. “I’m not bothered about getting the 27p back,” she said. “It’s put me off shopping at Tesco full stop.”

No comments:

Post a Comment