Sunday, April 3, 2011

Amplaya Express

          
       One of my personal fave! I used to remember when we were still young my mother would cook ampalaya with salted shrimp or what we usually call "Uyap" in Cebuano. It's funny that we would really try so hard to get rid of amplaya  in any way we could. Even if  it has been squeezed out with salt to eliminate the bitterness. We would always make the request more eggs into the mixture. As I grow older (just a bit though, still young and definitely always young at heart...  LOL), now how I love this wonderful green veggie. I love eating it raw  like in a salad  with vinegar or  when cooked, half-cook will do. The crisp sound is an added delight to me  as I bite into it and the fresh green color has just definitely made it more enticing.

           For the recipe above I used canned tuna instead of meat or "Uyap" and added toasted garlic for a simple twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment