Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bunny Napkin Placecard Holders



Isn't this little napkin bunny cute?  Do you see the little wad of cotton ball for the tail?  


Because we have always lived far from family, Easter was one of those holidays that was often spent with friends.  I remember this Easter with the bunny napkins well.  We had a french student, Anne-Gaelle, living with us.  Her family came for Easter.  They brought this huge chocolate Easter Egg.  It was HUGE and we laughed and gasped as we imagined them carrying this enormous orb all the way from France.


It was so "over the top" impressive, I used the chocolate egg for the centerpiece of the kids' table.  We took out a small hammer and let the kids all take turns "cracking" into the egg.  It was toooo  much fun and the kids have vivid memories of this holiday.


Anyway, my memories made me digress (now I need to go dig up a photo of that incredible egg).  


Adding to Easter memories  was a trip to  Bath, England. The most delicious smell of roasting lamb was being cooked in the Bed and Breakfast where we stayed.  So?  Big surprise?  I'm cooking lamb for Easter. 


Back to the Martha Stewart bunny napkin placecard holder thingys.  I dare say, I am easily distracted.


I saw this idea for table napkins on the Martha Stewart site for Easter ideas (Easter bunny fold napkins).   Her napkins were dinner napkins made out of pure linen.  I didn't have any of those.  I did, however, have these little dessert napkins I picked up because the pattern attracted me.  You could use any paper napkins.  Even the plate sized paper napkins would work.


I thought I would follow her fold pattern to see if it worked on a much smaller scale.  I thought I could place these little bunnies on the table and stick place cards in between the bunny ears.  It wasn't difficult. They don't have to be thrown away afterwards but can be put in a plastic bag and used again.


Hippity-hop!
Gi-Normous Chocolate Egg - New York





No comments:

Post a Comment