Monday, February 28, 2011

Reflections on Weekend to Remember

This past weekend my husband and I went to Family Life's marriage conference called Weekend to Remember. I have wanted to go for about a year now and have known quite a few couples from our church who have gone. This past weekend they came to a town near us, so we decided to go along with 2 other couples from our church. 

Let me just say, it was a HUGE blessing, especially for me. David was a little skeptical but at the end he said it was better than he expected as well! If you ever get a chance to go to one, I would highly recommend it!

I wanted to share some thoughts that made an impact on me from the weekend.

  • When couples fail to make necessary adjustments towards oneness, the result is isolation. (Taken from the Weekend to Remember workbook) 
  • Our marriage is not about us, it is about reflecting God's image. (Bobby Conway, speaker) 
  • Love is a radical commitment to meet the other person's needs. (Bobby Conway, speaker) 
  • The goal of marriage is not to be conflict free but to handle conflict correctly when it occurs (Taken from the Weekend to Remember workbook) 
  • If a man thinks he is leading and turns around and no one is following, he is just taking a walk! (Jill Eenigenburg, speaker)
  • A prayer to God: Take charge, change me. (Jill Eenigenburg, speaker)
At the end of the weekend, we renewed our vows along with everyone else that attended. It was a great way to end the weekend, renewing that commitment to each other again. If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. Your marriage is definitely worth the effort and the time to make it even better than you could possibly imagine! 





No comments:

Post a Comment