Monday, February 28, 2011

Morning Dew Drops



S.Kenney 2011
S.Kenney 2011

S. Kenney
The older I get, the more I don't take anything for granted.  Increasingly, I stop at some moment during the day and soak in the harmony that prevails in my life.  It wasn't always like this.  Childhood was not a happy time in my world.  I have few of the nostalgic moments that many other bloggers share so wonderfully.  I have existed in relative bitterness and plaguing self-pity for a very long time.  I truly know that life could change at any moment.  I learned that very young.  I marvel every day at a life of tranquility.


Age, however, seems to be a good friend. I love being in my 40's.  Much of the insecurity and uncertainty that I faithfully carried around with me has dissipated in the last few years.  My children are more than half grown and I look at them with pride as well as appreciation, realizing they are going to be o.k. in this world.  I do consider myself a "late bloomer" in that I wish I would have known to appreciate all of the small moments with greater clarity and vision understanding that  parenting does come to an end someday.  Regrets?  No, not really;  I know that I was trying my best at the time.  I've stopped trying to change the events of the past and know that everything in life has a time and a place and now its time to move on.  Move past.


Morning walks are no longer tasks to be checked off on the to-do list.  Taking time to do activities on my own is a blessing bestowed on me at this stage.  But, I also know it will be a precursor of how life will evolve in the next couple of years.  I'm ready.  I know I have to be ready.


I see more details in life.  I see more dew drops.  I see more.


No comments:

Post a Comment