Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tonight's the Night

French onion soup with crusty baguettes and gruyere cheese



I've been enjoying flipping through my new cookbook, The French Country Table
 Remember?  
The one sitting pretty on my bedside table.
  Riley was looking through it over the weekend.  He is getting more and more interested in cooking. 
 I think that is so charming about him. 
 He really enjoys food.  It seems natural that he is becoming curious about how it is cooked.  He pointed to a french onion soup on one of the pages.  
It looked really delicious; however,  I was drooling a bit over the beautiful white bowls used in the photo.  I wanted to encourage this newfound interest in cooking he is developing so I suggested we make it. 
We did!
 It was delicious!
 Sauteed onions, white wine, fresh tarragon, crunchy bread and bubbly gruyere cheese.  A great combination for an easy dinner.


 Now he is suggesting we cook something new every weekend.
  How fun.
  A new hobby is emerging. 
What a cool son. 



Here is our soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment