Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week

Time to share your favorite recipe with us this week! Please be sure to include a Recipe of the Week button in your post! Also make sure you link up your recipe below. This is not a regular blog hop, your post must include a recipe and be linked back to Golden Reflections. All other links will be deleted from the list. The link up will be open until Tuesday night at 11:59pm.

I am sharing a new recipe that I tried last week, which was given to me by a friend at church. It is a vegetarian meatloaf, my hubby actually said he liked this one the best of all the vegetarian meatloaf recipes I have tried.

Meatless Loaf

12 oz. bag of Morningstar Farms beef style Crumbles
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tb. dried parsley flakes (I had fresh, so I used fresh ones)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 onion, chopped
1/2 chopped celery
1 Tb cooking oil
1/2 cup ketchup

In a mixing bowl, combine Morningstar Farms Crumbles, eggs, parsley, Italian seasoning, and bread crumbs.
In a small saucepan cook onions and celery in oil until tender. Add to the crumble mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Press into an 8 x 4 x 2 - inch loaf pan, generously coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Spread ketchup over loaf. Bake another 15 minutes or until set.



No comments:

Post a Comment