Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Calm....



Well, with age comes the welcome role of hosting Christmas holidays.  

What a role this has been so far already.  The cooking, the cleaning, the organizing, the shopping were all activities that seemed to occupy my free time for the past month or so.  

Here I am.  
The calm before the arrival of my husband's family for the Christmas holiday.

Despite the hard work involved, I have certainly enjoyed being on the planning and organizing side of things.  
I am definitely in my "type A" element of behavior and have probably driven my family batty...weeks ago.  

My appreciation for all of the hard work done for years now by my in-laws has deepened considerably.  
Everything always seemed effortlessly pulled together upon arrival at their home.  Never did I realize all of the behind the scene work involved in having us all tromp in and create havoc for days on end.  





Beef Stout Pie x two!
 Many batches of holiday cookies are baked, 2 Stout pies made for Christmas Eve dinner, and brioche dough ready for baking Christmas morning.  
Even if no one notices the efforts or appreciates the many hours of labor put into the tiniest of details, 
it was still all worth it. 

I am stepping into a new stage of life and with it the matriarchal responsibilities of providing the holiday joy and spirit to all of my loved ones. 

 I welcome this new stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment