Monday, September 20, 2010

Who's Ready For The Beach???

Hi everyone, Here we go. I finally did it, I finished Gracie (well at least most of her, I still have some small bits in the bathroom). I couldn't wait to show you all. Lets start at the beginning, Gracie was inspired by Kerrie at Sea Cottage, she has a vintage camper she calls the Pearl. Seeing her adventures, and hearing about the wonderful times she had got me thinking. So I decided to go for it this summer. Mr. Swedish Room at first looked at me like I lost my mind, but I convinced him we could be in the great outdoors more often. Saying that cinched it. So we started looking for campers, or for those in the know BCOW (Beach Cottage On Wheels). It took so long, and seeing so many dirty, expensive, and bad layout campers, I thought this was never going to happen. Then we finally found my Gracie, don't get me wrong she needed a lot of work (a new ceiling for one thing). Well you can see for yourself........
I'm going to enjoy the great outdoors more, as long as its done my way.
You always need a layered bed, on those cold nights. I made the pillow in the front, the rest are Ikea and Target(I love both of these places). The nightstands were refaced. All the hardware was replaced. The lamps are also Ikea. I know you all remember the headboard from three post ago.
A wider shot. Yes, those are wood floors (actually laminate, but it still looks good).
The kitchen. This might get some use in the morning (I love my morning coffee), but not much cooking (I have to draw the line somewhere). Rug and trash can, Ikea.
Tray is Target, teapot is an antique I found (yes it's going camping with me), and mugs are Shabby Chic.
Where the eating action is going to happen, naaaaaaa just laptop work. Oh the slipcovered cushions are from Ikea (actually I tucked and fitted them, they don't really go). The lantern is Ikea also.
The refrigerator door was damaged so I took some embossed wallpaper and covered the inside panel then painted it (semi gloss so I can wipe it down).
I see a lot of reading going on here. Another slipcover from Ikea, so are the two white pillows and the rolled up throw. I made the other two pillows.
Don't disturb me, I'm in repose.
Curtains as room dividers are from Ikea. All the other curtains are from Target.
Some before shots......
Fixing the sofa.
Refacing the nightstands.
Oh No Ceiling Down!!!!
Just kidding Mr. Swedish Room taking down the bad ceiling, it only took $300.00 to get it back up. Great job Honey. ( I guess this is why he don't want to be in the blog)

I was cleaning lots of this.
Now that it's done. Watch Out World, Here I Come!!!! and with a white camper named Gracie, oh and Mr. Swedish Room and Zeus (our dog) can come, I guess.
Ok I'm doing things a little different this time. I'm posting this on three parties.
Cindy at Cottage Instincts, Make it for Monday
Kathleen At Faded Charm, White Wednesday
Debra at Common Ground, Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thanks for visiting.
See everyone next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment