Friday, September 17, 2010

A Louis Chair In Disguise

Hi everyone, I'm almost done with Gracie. I can't wait to show you. Today I'm joining Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday. I have been thinking who has inspired my style the most, I have to say Rachel Ashwell has. Ever since I saw her slipcovered furniture and use of vintage pieces, her embrace of imperfection, I was hooked. I love white, but I have included other colors as well over the years. I even learn to make slipcovers thanks to Rachel. I think she has influenced every part of my life. This includes my thinking, embracing the imperfect, and seeing it's perfect beauty. I had these Louis chairs (I have two) for a while (you may have seen them on other posts already slipcovered), but I want to share with you what inspired me to slipcover, instead of upholstering them.
I love the big ties I put on them, I love seeing big ties on slipcovers it gives them an extra detail.

One of my inspirational pieces (these two pics are from Shabby Chic), I love the loose fit of the slipcovers and the tie details. After seeing these two pics years ago, I knew I could slipcover my two Louis.

As you can see I modified the Shabby Chic design, but the spirit is still there. It took a little figuring, but I got the design done.......
right down to the arms......
For more vintage inspiration go see Debra at http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/. Now back to work on Gracie, Yaaaa!!! I'm almost done.
See everyone next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment