Tuesday, September 21, 2010

45-56 was my number

This is England '86 is one of the shows of this season (for me). It's only 4 episodes, but it continues with the story of Shaun and all his gang of friends, who are now adults searching their place on earth.



It's good, really good. I mean, it doesn't talk a lot about the skinheads, it's only the stories of a gang of people searching for their future. A 16-years-old Shaun, who has to find a job and himself; Woody, who still is in love with Lol; the solitary Milky, Smell and her gothic dresses, Gadget and his road to adulthood...


We also can know a little bit more about Kelly, Lol's sister; Trev, Banjo or Meggy; and Harvey is a character that you can see in the film for less than 5 minutes but that is one of my favourite ones here.


It's strange see a tv serie about the 80s. I mean, it's normal seeing series from the 80s, but it's less normal a serie ABOUT that decade. It makes me feel nostalgic, but also makes me smile. In that time I was only 5 years, and I guess if life in England was like that... for what I know, almost everything it's true (I asked about it when I was living there during two summers).


If you're not following the show, I must say that it ends next week... and belive me, you shoul do it. It's really really good :)

Today I started and the shop and met Matt, a lovely guy from L.A. who's there for helping us with the visual merchandising of the shop. He's so cute and I really had fun with him; I'll try to make a picture tomorrow, because you must meet him!
And after work, I had a coffee with Esther, Deborah and my beloved Nati, who's leaving to Bonn next week... I'll miss her so much!


So, the ocassion was special, and I dressed with my Ben Sherman stuf for them:




I hope you all had a great Tuesday, now I'm off to bed because I'm a little bit tired... I'll catch up all your blogs tomorrow!

Sahakiel

No comments:

Post a Comment