Monday, August 2, 2010

Completing Him Challenge

I have not been posting on this the last couple weeks, mostly because we were on vacation. A good time to reconnect right? :) However we did talk about one of the weeks, which was asking your husband to prioritize what you do as a wife. I made a list of all the things I do in our home etc.. and asked David which were important to him. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what he would say, but he actually managed to surprise me a little bit. So here is what he said.

#1 Keeping the house clean and laundry caught up
#2 Taking care of myself (exercising etc...)
#3 Cooking healthy meals
#4 Volunteering at church with Sabbath school and Adventurer Club
#5 Working outside the home at my job

The one that surprised me is the one at #2, I thought that would be farther down the list. He did say that working outside the home will probably move up for him in priority because he starts going back to school in September and will be only working full time. So I will be the main money maker for the next few years.

The next week was making his favorite meals for the week; very hard to do while living out of a hotel room with only a microwave and fridge! So I plan on doing that at a later date this summer.

And now to this weeks, RESPECT! :) Here is one thing that Courtney over at Women Living Well said about this week.
"This week - take some time to assess your husband's respect-o-meter. Ask him what sort of things you do that make him feel disrespected and respected. Work on weeding out disrespectful thoughts and attitudes and exchanging them for respectful ones."

So that will be my task this week! Respecting David's decision for us and working on not rolling my eyes so much at him, I tend to be good at that! :P 

If you are participating or want to participate in this summer challenge, head over to Courtney's site Women Living Well and link up! 

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment