Friday, July 2, 2010

Holiday Weekend

Its been a while since my last post, so I thought I would share what's in store for the weekend. We never plan ahead for the 4th of July, it always just turns out that we find something fun to do. Last year we spent the day on our friends boat which LOTS of people do all holiday weekend.  I think this year we will probably just spend our day at the beach, and watch fireworks from there with friends, I'm sure all along the beach line people will be lighting them up. What do you usually do?

Last weekend we went to a Wine & Cheese party which turned out to be pretty fun. The crowd was mainly from Nathans leadership program, and their significant others. I even got to wear my new dress!


The photo is crappy, it was taken with photo booth (my web cam for you non-mac users). But you get the idea. Alloy.com was having a sale, and I couldn't resist. I spend most of my summers in dresses or skirts, because it's so hot here. I haven't worn jeans since April! haha.

Here is another cute photo of my Bella, whenever I'm in my art room she's always tagging along behind me, usually laying on the floor or looking out the window for lizards.

Most people post pictures of their kids and brag about how they have the "cutest baby in the whole world" and of course believe it to be true. Well, I'm posting pics of my dog baby, and she is the cutest dog in the whole world. It bothers me that Pit Bulls have such a negative label, and especially when someone asks me what she is and I tell them she's a pit mix, and people proceed to tell me how violent, and mean they are.  Bella is such a gentle sweet girl. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. All she wants out of the world is to be cuddled, and to play with her neighborhood doggies. Oh and chase lizards. She would never hurt anyone. I'm so lucky we found each other, she's my best friend.


On another note, I bought my tickets to fly up north to Michigan today. My best guy friend Ed is getting married, so we are going to be there for him. I am leaving a week earlier than Nathan so I can spend some time at home with my Mom too. I am very excited to be home with her and make a mess of her craft room. She is also letting me take some of her beads, which I am SUPER excited about, because she has a great collection, and I can't buy them as often as I'd like, due to how much they cost! I'm also looking forward to just chilling on the porch, and picking fresh veggies from her new garden. There's no place like home, or should I say there's no place like being with my mom.

I will leave you with this....my new flowers for the week. Purple Spider Mums!!!! Mums are my favorite, i was ecstatic when I found this bundle. Have a Great 4th Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment