Monday, June 7, 2010

Lime & Shitake Cream Spaghetti


The weekend came so quickly and today is the continuation of the weekend's lazy vibe. I must admit that I just spent my weekend like a couch potato. That's not very ideal. But the weather was so huggable so I didn't resist hugging it while it last. Sunday supposed to be my day to fix my Vespa because it has been sleeping in the basement for more than 3 months already. My poor little Vespa ran out of gas and got flat tires. But the weather led me overslept so the plan was pushed to next weekend.

Although I spent my weekend just sleeping, I didn't completely end it with a 100% of laziness. Of course weekend will never be complete without whipping up a peculiar dish. One of the things that will make me drool over, is creating a cream-based dish with mushroom. It never fails to satisfy my palette in the most seductive way. There is something with the cream and the rubbery texture of mushroom that compliments when you have them together. The chewing and the swirling of your tongue is the most endearing part when savouring this new dish I have. I do hope you like it.

LIME & SHITAKE CREAM SPAGHETTI


Ingredients:

• Minced Garlic & Onions
• Sliced Shitake Mushrooms
• Squeezed Lime
• Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
• Nestle Cream
• Basil and Tuna Pate
• Fresh Milk
• Spaghetti Noodles
• Salt/Pepper/Paprika
• Olive Oil
• Butter (of course)

Procedure:

Boil spaghetti noodles then drain and set aide when cooked. Heat a pan in medium temperature with butter and olive oil. Saute minced garlic & onion for 2-5 minutes. Add the sliced Shitake mushrooms and saute for 4-6 minutes. Then add the sliced cherry tomatoes and continue sauteeing for 6-8 minutes. Ready your Basil & Tuna pate (Mashed Basil with Tuna and Liver Pate) then add to the mixture. Squeeze the lime, add nestle cream and milk and stir all together. Season with salt, pepper & paprika. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes then add a little olive oil. When ready add the spaghetti noodles then fold and serve.

Sour and creamy pasta with a twist is good during bed weather...

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment